Who or what do you turn to when you need help? Is it your mom, your dad, a friend, or your journal? People have different ways to channel a problem, a feeling, or a situation. When it comes to self development though, self development books it is either a professional self-growth counselor or self-development books. If you are onto self-help learning, you can find a number of books for this purpose. In fact, here are some of the most famous and all-time favorites in the bookstores around the world:
1. The Bible. You will definitely agree that the Bible is the greatest self-help and development book of all times. You bet no other book can help you change to a better you than this book.
2. The purpose Driven Life. A well-written spiritual book by Rick Warren, The purpose Driven Life is a very useful tool in finding the path that your life is supposed to be leading. This 334-page divine inspirational book has an accompanying workbook and exercises for you to work on.
3. The secret. Written by Rhonda Bryne, The secret has become a phenomenal self-help and development book of all times.
4. Don’t Sweat the small Stuff and All Small Stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking over Your life. These two books offers 2-page lessons in life that will help you become a better you. You will find a lot to learn from with their 248 pages.
5. Fearless Living. One of the newest self-development books written by Ellen Dickstein and Guy Finley, the Fearless Living has made it to display rooms in 2008. This 208 pager message book also includes a training manual.
6. How to Win Friends and Influence People. The best self-help and leadership book back in the ’70s. This was written by Dale Carnegie and newer versions with add-on principles were also published later.
7. The one Minute Manager. This is a book about effective management but is geared towards the male reader. The writers, Kenneth H. Blanchard and Spencer Johnson, meticulously laid out how a leader can make his followers do what is expected of them, the necessary encouragements and the perfect time to do them, and the kind of support they need.
8. The 7 Habits of Highly effective People. Stephen R. Covey effectively laid out 7 basic principles that can change the way you look at life and others. These principles are very obvious and in fact are right there staring at you every day, but got ignored all the time because of how busy you are.
Core Transformation: Reaching the Wellspring Within. Connirae and Tamara Andreas wrote this 232 pager self-help book. The concept was to bring together all the various parts of you which are not fulfilling your purpose in life.